SAVOURY FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
6 slices of your favourite Ploughmans Bakery loaf
1/3 cup milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Slice the bread into cubes approximately 2cm in diameter.
3. In a large bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, season with salt and pepper and then mix in the onion and parsley.
4. Add the bread to the egg mixture and gently mix so that the bread absorbs the liquid.
5. Carefully pile the bread into 6 non-stick muffin cups.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm.
7. Serve warm as is or with grilled tomato, bacon or sausages.