4 slices of your favourite Ploughmans Bakery loaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
300g cherry tomatoes, halved
½ telegraph cucumber, diced
½ red onion, finely sliced
handful of basil leaves
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Slice the bread into triangular quarters and then cut each quarter in half.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray. Brush with olive oil.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until the bread is golden and crisp on both sides, turning as needed. Set aside to cool.
5. Toss the bread, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil together in a large bowl.
6. Drizzle with the combined extra virgin olive oil and vinegar and then season with salt and pepper.
Serve as a light meal or side dish.