BANANA, BAILEYS AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
1 1/2 cups milk
300 ml cream
1/2 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
10 slices Ploughman’s rustic white bread
1/3 cup Baileys Irish Crème Liqueuer
100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
1 large ripe but firm banana, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. To make the custard, heat the milk, cream and sugar in a small saucepan until just about boiling, stirring to ensure the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool until warm and then pour a little of the warm liquid into the egg yolks, whisking as you do so. Add the mixture back to the pan and whisk to combine, along with the Baileys as well.
3. Cut the slices of bread into quarter triangles, removing crusts only if you want to.
4. Grease a a 30 cm rectangular baking dish (approximately 6 cm deep) with butter and then line the base with half of the bread slices. Slice over the banana and scatter with the white chocolate.
5. Pour the custard mixture evenly over the bread slices.
6. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the slices are golden and the pudding feels almost firm to the touch.